Thursday, September 11, 2014

Silver Spiral and Filigree Earrings

I know I've been M.I.A. around here for a few weeks. It's been such a busy time with back to school and all that entails. Also, for the last week or so we've been in limbo waiting to find out if we were going to be able to buy a house that we've admired for the last 5 years.


It's big and beautiful and even has space for a nice big craft room. This morning we found out we are not going to be able to get it. :(

So. That was pretty disappointing, but I know that just means God has a different plan for us.

I have been doing some crafting, although not as much as I'd like, partly because I've had my craft stuff put away while we were trying to sell the house.

A week or so ago I had a chance to sit down and put together a few pairs of pretty earrings. They were so easy and inexpensive!


I really lucked out finding these two awesome strands of beads and spirals in the clearance section at Joann's. I so wish there had been more than one of each, because I would have snapped them all up!


Like I said, these were so easy to put together. Here are the components for the silver ball earrings. I just added a headpin for each earring and a earring wire hook and rubber bullet back.


I stacked them in this order.


Then I used my One Step Looper to create a loop at the top. Somehow I neglected to get a picture of the finished loop before I attached the hook, but basically you insert the headpin as shown and squeeze. The tool forms the loop and cuts the excess part of the headpin at the same time.


I purchased my One Step Looper online somewhere, but my Joann's has started carrying them in store, and I highly recommend it if you make a lot of jewelry. You may need to tighten up the loop a bit with some round nose pliers once you have whatever you're adding to the loop attached, but it beats the heck out of trying to form lots of uniform loops if you're a klutz like me.


Aren't they so pretty?


I love them!


For the spiral earrings this was what I used: spiral, large jump ring, small jump ring, earring wire hook, rubber bullet back.


I just attached them to each other in that order and voila!



Both types of pairs are so light and easy to wear. And the best part was that I got FIVE pairs of earrings from these 2 strands! Since I had all the findings on hand, these 5 pairs cost me just $2.94 + tax!


1 comment: