Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Behind the Scenes

Yikes, I've been a bad blogger! It's been crazy hereabout though. My birthday was the day after my last post, and it was so great! I got to spend some time with my awesome friend LaDonna, who I rarely get to see anymore, although we're working to remedy that! And she brought me a pumpkin spice latte, and Nick sent me these GORGEOUS flowers!


Then my parents in-law and brother and sister-in-law came by and showered me with gifts and cake (well, there was no actual cake shower, but there was cake presented.) There was a lovely cozy sweater/wrap, some pretty earrings, a cool paper bow maker, and some envelope stickers. Then we went to my parents' house, where they presented me with (heavy breathing here) another punch board! This one was the gift box punch board, and I've been having so much fun with it! They also kept {ALL THREE} kids for us so Nick could take me out for a birthday dinner! The festivity! The romance! The meal with no one spilling their tea in my plate!

I also received some terrific embossing folders from another brother and sister-in-law, birthday money from Nick's grandmother, a gift card from Nick's other sister and her husband, and a certificate for a manicure from my other brother. My parents also got me a couple of outfits. I'm totally spoiled!

I've been at my sewing machine doing some mending jobs, and also making up some note cards for a charity fundraiser. And I've had some photo shoots on the books, including some senior pics for a couple of my very favorite girls from church camp. They are just gorgeous, and they are every bit as lovely inside as out, which should tell you something. Take a look at these beauties:





I have another shoot on Saturday, but of course Halloween is the day before, so I've got to get going on a fairy princess tutu to go with the sweet light up Tinkerbell wings I scored at the thrift store for a cool 99¢! Also, there may be a red tutu in the works for a Superman themed costume, and can I tell you how excited I am that Sawyer's costume requires no more input on my part than putting it on him? Not that I mind making costumes, but this week I'll take store bought, especially when it's a crazy cool gorilla costume I scored at the same thrift store for $2.99. Ahem.

Anyway, coming soon on the blog, we'll be talking about that cool gift box punch board, the pinwheel punch board, a few of my favorite 30-minutes-to-the-table meals, a The Fault In Our Stars themed craft, some fun leather key fobs, a darling pin cushion, and a sweet baby headband. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment