Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Showers of Blessings


Guys, I just had to pop in for a minute and tell you how God has blessed me over the last few days. And because every post needs a picture, I'm sharing a quick snap of Sawyer's gallery wall in progress. Everything on it was either thrifted, on clearance, or handmade. Sometime soon I plan to post about all that wood burned art.

Anyway, I just wanted to share how good to me God has been this week. I've been kind of stressed the last few days. We just finished up Vacation Bible School at our church (which was awesome - eight kids saved!). I'm in charge of the crafts every year, which I love, but it's always exhausting. And this month it just seems like the bills have been rolling in and I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that school starts back in less than two weeks and it didn't look like Sawyer was going to be able to get into the preschool program we were hoping for and I was trying to figure out the school clothes situation for these kiddos that are growing like weeds, etc. etc. etc.

Man, I tell you what - God has got us covered! A few days ago a friend at church shared a link to Schoola.  Full disclosure, that is my referral link, but this is not a compensated post. I'm sharing it because I got some amazing deals and I want to share the love. Schoola is a program that collects gently used clothing and resells them at awesome prices to benefit schools. When you sign up (for
free) through a referral link like mine you get a $20 credit. Then if you create a collection (also free),
you get another $10 credit. They also immediately email you a 50% off coupon which makes your $30 in credit worth $60. And shipping is free! And if you go through my link, I get a $20 credit too.

So let me tell you what I've gotten with my sign up credits and referral credits so far: for Taylor I got 3 shirts, 2 sweaters, one pair of jeans, one pair of shorts, and a hoodie. For Lily I got 2 shirts, 7 pairs of pants, 3 dresses, 2 skirts, and a coat. For Sawyer I got 6 shirts, one pair of pants, one pair of shorts, and a pair of shoes. And I even got a shirt for me! That's $351.50 worth of clothes, and I've spent $3.30 out of pocket. I've gotten to use a coupon on every order so far, and I'm hoping to get a few more referrals to round out a few more pairs of pants for Sawyer, so if you want to sign up and get
some awesome name brand clothes for your kids or yourself for free, I would really appreciate you using my link above.

And speaking of Sawyer and school, I got a call today that Sawyer is going to be able to participate in the preschool program we wanted after all! Guys, this is a HUGE blessing, and a very direct answer to a specific prayer!

I also got a couple of surprise cards earlier this week - one from a sweet lady at church that was just a very precious and encouraging note that really brightened my day, and one from my secret sister with a gift card in it! That's going to be the start of my fund for my Workbox 2.0!

Kind of the icing on the cake today was this little reminder I got when I was fixing dinner:


This was on the back of the bag of chicken I was baking, and it is my very favorite verse! Isn't it neat how God loves on us?

Happy Tuesday, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment