Thursday, October 13, 2016

Lily's Gallery Wall

In the old house Taylor and Lily shared a bedroom for sleeping. Lily and Sawyer shared a bedroom for clothes and toy storage. So none of them really had a space that belonged completely to them. I knew that in the new house I wanted to do some personalized decor for each of them, especially since for the year we were on the market the house had to be very neutral and generic. Taylor has decorated and redecorated her room a dozen times, and I'm happy to let her do that. At 15 she's old enough to know her own style. But in Lily and Sawyer's room I've done gallery walls. Sawyer's is pretty much done, and I'll show you his in another post, but this post is about Lily's. 


It's still very much a work in progress. I need to spread it out a little more and raise her art display twine some. The roll of twine with mini clothes pins came from Target via Bargain Hunt, but it would obviously be very easy to DIY. She is very artistic and constantly drawing, painting, and crafting, and I wanted her to have a place to display her creations. She also has some of her school awards up there. 

The Be Kind banner was made by me. Semi-tutorial here.

Taylor did the pineapple painting, and the flamingo and party dress artwork are my very tentative forays into the world of watercolor. The dress is my very poorly executed version of a gorgeous free printable offered by Lisa at Mabey She Made It. If you have mad watercolor skillz like me, well, you should probably go get hers. But I wanted a pink dress, plus our printer is still buried somewhere in a box, and Lily is ridiculously affectionate toward things that I make just for her, so for now anyway she gets my version. 

The little orange L with arrows was a clearance find at Hobby Lobby that I painted. The floral pieces are all clay flowers Lily and I made using oven bake Sculpy and (mostly) Martha Stewart molds. I just hot glued them onto wood plaques and hung them with adhesive Velcro dots. The woodburned pieces are all made by me. The Lily the Lovely piece is clay art made by me

1 comment:


  1. Thanks for sharing your information. Party season is coming soon and now the time to start finalizing your luxurious party dresses.
    If you are looking for the best quality of affordable Party dresses then you are on the right place. For more
    Party dress

    ReplyDelete