Monday, April 21, 2014

Gallery Wall

So my husband has been after me to get some photos up on the walls for ages. And I've been in agreement, especially since I'm also a photographer, but the cobbler's children and all that. To start with we didn't have many printed images of our own. Then back at Christmas I ordered a bunch from the awesome photo lab I use. But we didn't have the frames we wanted.

Then right after Christmas Nick and I stopped at Michael's and found these awesome frame sets that came with 9 various shapes and sizes. And even better, they were marked down from $49.99 to $7.99! So we grabbed a couple of sets. 

Right now we're in the process of going room by room in our home to both pare down on our belongings and make any touch-ups/repairs/updates that need to be done. And right now we're on the living room/staircase, so it was the perfect time to get all those pictures framed and hung. There are still 4 frames that we're looking for just the right photos for, and I plan to add a few non-photo elements to the layout as well. But here is the wall in progress.




Ignore our builder grade banister. It's on the to-do list for when we have the money.


Some of my favorite shots ever of both Taylor and Lily, not to mention my handsome husband and his two gorgeous sisters up there!

3 comments:

  1. I loved your Tip Me Tuesday link this week. {thanks girl!} Would you like Tip Junkie to feature your blog post to over 200,000 creative women? If you upload this blog post into your Tip Junkie craft room using at least 2 images, 2 steps, and blog post URL then I can easily feature it in my RSS feed, home page, and all my social networks instantly. {squealing with delight} ~ Laurie {a.k.a. the Tip Junkie}
    http://www.tipjunkie.com/post/how-to-add-a-craft-room-project-on-tip-junkie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Laurie! I've added it at http://www.tipjunkie.com/tutorial/gallery-wall-0/.

    ReplyDelete