Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Package Pals Craft Exchange

As I mentioned earlier, I participated in a craft exchange last month. It was the Package Pals exchange hosted by Jamie over at C.R.A.F.T.
My partner had a baby girl right before the deadline, and I was kind of covered up with Taylor's birthday party, so we gave each other some extra time. I sent her a message a week or so ago to let her know that I had her stuff just about ready to mail. Unfortunately the reply I got came from her husband and let me know that she had had a medical emergency and was in the hospital! :(
I was quick to let him know that I would be praying and to please not worry at all about the exchange. I finally got her stuff sent out to her last weekend, and I was so pleased to hear from her that she got it and was pleased with it all. I honestly don't need or expect her to send anything - she has a brand new baby to focus on, on top of recovery from a serious medical event! But I'm so glad that I got to meet her, and I'm sure she would appreciate your prayers!
Anyway, here are the things I sent:
First of all, a boxy makeup bag like the ones for Taylor’s party.
DSC_0754-001DSC_0756-001
These are just so much fun, and they really are deceptively roomy!
DSC_0757-001
Next was this great big headband for her new baby girl made with pleated gold trim and a vintage button center.
DSC_0765-001
I also sent this soft singed satin flower headband that she can use as a pony holder for herself if she wants!
DSC_0774-001
And another singed flower, this one on a bobby pin.
DSC_0773-001
I included a couple of leather bows like those for Taylor’s party, and also a little leather rose pin.
DSC_0780-001
When we were getting to know each other she mentioned that owls are meaningful to her, so when I spotted this cutie at the Dollar Tree, it just begged me to take it home for this mom of a new baby girl.
DSC_0777-001
She’s doing baby’s room in woodland creatures and little gnomes, so I thought this guy might be a fun addition somewhere.
DSC_0781-001
She told me that she’s begun making some hair bows and headbands herself, so I wanted to send her some supplies for that, starting with this sheet of non-slip grip fused to felt. I back all my hair clips with this, and it works GREAT for keeping even big bows in silky little girls’ hair.
DSC_0763-001
In keeping with her love of owls and woodsy things, I included this ribbon.
DSC_0769-001
I also added a handful of double pronged clips and a big metal clip to assist in making boutique bows as explained in this pin.
DSC_0782-001
And some gems of various shapes and sizes for center embellishments.
DSC_0783-001
And of course the pillow cover and name banner I mentioned in my first post about this.
DSC_1065DSC_1068
By the way, that’s my handsome little brother Toby and his gorgeous wife Leah (recipient of the Bag of Sunshine). Smile
Etsy Name Banner

3 comments: